Monday, February 1, 2016

January Favorites

HELLO FEBRUARY! We're already into the second month of 2016! Which means I can finally being my monthly favorites. I have quite a lot to share, but this month it's mainly beauty products. So I'm just going to get right to it.


I tried a lot of new products this month, and this one actually surprised me. The Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water is one of the best makeup removers I've used in a while. I usually used the Neutrogena wipes, or the lotion based remover, but I've been hearing a lot of good things about this product so I decided to try it out. I purchased the one for waterproof mascara because even though I try to avoid waterproof, I always end up buying it. And it's definitely one of my favorites for this month.

My boyfriend bought me this YSL Black Opium perfume, and it smells SO GOOD. It's very similar to Prada Candy, because the scent is very sweet. I will never let anything top my all time favorite Marc Jacobs Daisy perfume, but this one comes next in line.

I saw this at Urban Outfitters while I was waiting to checkout, and just grabbed it before I changed my mind. (Damn you impulse buys!) It's amazing! Especially since I try not to wash my hair too much. I dye my hair pretty often and washing your hair with shampoo a lot, makes the dye come out quicker. So dry shampoo is pretty much my best friend. And this one in particular smells awesome.
Of course I had to mention my Kat Von D Shade and Light palette. I purchased this last year and used it maybe a handful of times, but since I moved it's just been packed away. But I decided it was time to bring it out and thank God I did. The shades I'm pointing to in the photo above are "Lyric" and "Shadowplay", which are the only two I use frequently.


I've been really into nude lip colors recently, and these are just two of the hundreds I own. I can't even stress how much I love these two lip glosses. The ones above are Bite Beauty's "Currant", and Marc Jacobs "Pretty Thing". Both are perfect for everyday and every season. Definitely try to get your hands on these!

It's A 10 Miracle Leave-In spray is the best for my curly hair. I spritz this all over whenever I finish conditioning it, or right before I go out, and it not only leaves my hair smelling amazing, but it nourishes it, and tames it through out the day. I've been using it non-stop.

I can't get enough of this product. The Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation and Concealer has been my go-to this month. I still use concealer under my eyes and to cover up blemishes, but you really don't need it if you wanted to use this product alone. It's full coverage and doesn't dry out my face. Love this! The shade I use is "8 Golden Neutral".

I've been obsessing over brow pencils because it's the best for natural looking eyebrows. I plan on purchasing back-ups for these, and more from different brands to try to compare and maybe find dupes. (Possible blog post soon.) My holy grail will always be the Anastasia Brow Wiz, now that I've came across these, there's close competition. The products above are, Anastasia Brow Wiz in "Dark Brown", Urban Decay Brow Beater in, "Dark", L'oreal Paris Brow Stylist Definer in,  "Dark Brunette", and NYX Micro Brow Pencil in, "Espresso". I will go more in depth with these products in a separate post.

I got this as a free perk from Sephora, and I'm glad I chose it. This Deva Curl hair cream is relaxing on my curls, smells great, and is very light weight. I'm definitely going to be purchasing more from this brand.

The Maybelline Fit Me concealer is more of an all time favorite, but I decided to share it for this month because it's another go-to product. Very similar to the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in that it's full coverage, but just a cheaper price, which I don't think anyone is mad about. I will say I run through this product rather quickly, because of its light texture, but still a great product. 

This blush from Bare Minerals was actually a gift from my cousin for Christmas. I've never tried a blush that's not pressed or baked, so this was new to me. But I have to say, I've made this part of my everyday look. This finish looks amazing, especially on olive skin tones. The shade I have is in "Lovely".

I had to mention a highlight, because I can't complete my face without one. This one has been another favorite of mine, and it's Colourpop's "Wisp". I can't get over how soft they feel. I almost started to hit pan on mine. 

This small tapered brush from e.l.f is the brush I use to apply my highlight. I'm not a fan on the fan brushes (haha) because I don't seem to get as much product as I'd like, and this brush actually does a lot of justice. Also, yes my brush is dirty-sorry!

Maybelline is my favorite drugstore brand. They never fail to surprise me with their products. The Vivid Matte Liquid lipsticks are perfect! The smell is a little funky, but despite that, the quality is amazing. The colors I have are from left to right, "Possessed Plum", "Rebel Red", and "Berry Boost".

These three mascaras have been absolute favorites of mine for the month of January. The products above are the L'oreal Voluminous Carbon Black, Benefit's They're Real, and Maybelline's The Falsies Push-Up Drama mascara. I wear these all together, with the They're Real on my bottom lashes. 

I've had this lipstick for a while and I rediscovered it a few weeks ago. It's part of MAC's Viva Glam collection and it's "Viva Glam III". It's a nice mauvey, brownish maroon color. Perfect for Winter or Fall, but it's build-able so you can wear it anytime if you apply it lightly.

I'm always on the hunt for new eyeliners, and these two surprised me. Mostly because I purchased the Benefit's They're Real Push-Up Liner last year and was disappointed in it. I just didn't feel like it was working, or maybe I got a bad one. But it was nearly impossible to use. But I received a mini one for Christmas, and when I tried it, it worked perfectly! I loved the way it applied smoothly and with a matte finish. So I guess I did get a bad batch, because it was a favorite of mine for this month. As well as the NYX Vinyl Liquid Liner. This one leaves a nice shiny finish on the lids. 

Last but not least, my Burt's Bees lip balm in "Vanilla Bean". I can't get enough of this! I know I keep saying that but that's why these are my favorites, right? Haha. I use this before I apply anything matte on my lips, and keeps them moisturized all day. Not to mention the vanilla scent.


I know this was a lot to take in. These products have been wonderful for the month of January. Everything I mentioned will be listed, as well as links of where to purchase them. Thanks for reading and see y'all soon!

No comments

Post a Comment

© ERIKALEE
Maira Gall