Sunday, January 31, 2016

Running A Little Late

Yesterday was pretty productive. I've been dying to visit the David Zwirner Art Gallery in Chelsea, since Dan Flavin's Corners, Barriers, and Corridors exhibit last year. I never got a chance to see it because of school and work, but looking at the photos made me want to start gallery hopping. No, I'm not really an art aficionado, so I can't say I know much about it. But when something catches your eye, you become intrigued. And lately I've been intrigued by many artists and their work. So when I came across Doug Wheeler's Encasements, I knew I had to see it before it was over.

There were no photos allowed for this exhibit, but there was no way I could pass this up. (Yes, I broke the rules.) This minimalist piece is definitely worth seeing before its gone. I'm surprised I even got to get in the gallery at all because I was cutting it pretty close with time. 

 I did have to obey the rules at some point, so these were the only photos I got.


Right across the street was another gallery, with Yutaka Sone's art work, which I found really amazing. I'm just going to show the pictures instead of talking about everything like I know what I'm talking about. (Don't judge me)




Like I mentioned, I was running a little late. So before the galleries closed, I snapped a few more photos. I plan to go back soon and maybe earlier, just to have time to actually take in the real joy of this art. Once you're there, it's really quite amazing.



No comments

Post a Comment

© ERIKALEE
Maira Gall